decided to develop the 2.0L Duratec a bit further in 2007. Simon,
our cylinder head designer had done extensive work on the Duratec,
the original standard valve head worked extremely well but since
then he carried out further development & with the new high
port head that we have found, this has allowed him to significantly
improve the airflow of the cylinder head. We also used a slightly bigger valve on both inlet & exhaust, this gained a 15% increase
in airflow over our current cylinder head that had been developed
for our original 270 kit, but more importantly the airflow that
we gained had not compromised airflow at lower valve lifts.
order to get an exact result as possible, we took our existing engine
which had been used all season in the SBD Westfield, replaced the
cylinder head retaining all the original components used from the
first build, then took the car back to TracknRoad, where
the car had originally been mapped & with the help of the 2
Steves made adjustments to the original programme on our MBE management
system. The engine was initially run on 4 injectors, this showed
294bhp/189lbft, & then on 8 injectors which should 304bhp/195lbft.
This showed a significant increase of approximately 20 bhp over
the original tests. We are now developing the head further by running
a bigger valve & have found that the 36.8mm valve is the largest
size suitable to gain an increase in air flow. We have currently
seen a 5% increase in flow over the 36mm valve head. Combined with
other improvements in port shape, we expect to achieve up to 315bhp.